Call for application for a Professional Training on ‘Procurement and Value for Money’
Dates (2 full days) : from 1st and 2nd of October 2022, 8h00am-4h00pm (weekend)
Venue : University of Rwanda, Gikondo Campus
This course will provide techniques, structured methods, principals used to streamline procurement process and achieve desired results while saving cost, reducing time, and building win-win supplier relationships. Moreover, the course will have a deep dive into total cost of ownership and value creation by strategic procurement, which is critical for organizations to be able to compete at the global level with sustainable profitability. EPRN wishes to invite interested individuals and institutions to attend this training.
2. Course content
The course content includes :
• Value for Money in the Procurement : Understand, apply and measure value for money in procurement.
• Procurement Strategy and Procurement Planning Process : The best opportunity for achieving value for money is at the planning stage of the procurement cycle through the procurement plan. Achieving good procurement outcomes depends on the way the procurement activities are carried out.
• Steps in Achieving Value for Money
• Competition and market development/innovation : Competition and contestability are important drivers in achieving value for money. However, participation in a procurement exercise is a cost to suppliers and is particularly significant for Small and Medium Enterprises SMEs.
• Identifying procurement categories – goods and services procurement guide : Procurement categories are groupings of similar goods or services with common supply and demand drivers and suppliers. Find out how to identify categories for goods and services procurement.
• Innovation and the procurement process – goods and services procurement guide : Find out how to build innovation into the procurement process when buying for goods and services.
• Evaluation Criteria and Value for Money : describes the process that will be used in the evaluation of bids to identify the substantially responsive bid that offers the best VFM.
3. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participants’ involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and open discussions will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises. Trainees are encouraged to bring their own laptops.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who will successfully attend the course and pass the course test. Pass mark is 60%.
5. Training fees, venue, date and refreshments
• Members : 60,000 Rwf
• Non-members : 100,000 Rwf
This training will be held at University of Rwanda, Gikondo Campus (former SFB building) from 1st and 2nd of October 2022, 8h00am-4h00 pm (Day time). Payment include training fee, materials, lunches and certification.
6. Payment process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
• Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
• Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to : email@example.com OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office at University of Rwanda- Gikondo Campus (former SFB).
You can also pay through MTN MOMO PAY (*182*8*1*030683#) or through PayPal on our website (www.eprnrwanda.org) and notify us through firstname.lastname@example.org
NB : Tailor-Made Course
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs.
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : email@example.com