Call for applications- EPRN Professional Course
Training on Results-Based Monitoring and Evaluation
19th– 21st October 2018
UR-CBE Gikondo Campus, Kigali, Rwanda
Training dates: 19th – 21st October 2018
Location: Kigali (UR-CBE Gikondo Campus)
Fees: (5,000 Rwf EPRN for registered members and 20,000 Rwf for non-members)
Award: Completion certificate
1. Training on Results-Based Monitoring and Evaluation
Projects/Programs managers, experts in various areas and researchers must have good M&E system and information at their fingertips that they can use when making decisions and setting priorities. They must also be able to provide timely reports showing how scarce resources have been allocated and what impact their outputs have had. This calls for an efficient and effective training on monitoring and evaluation theories, concepts and systems. This 3-day training course is targeted at M&E practitioners, project/program managers, scientists, researchers, database managers… It seeks to enhance participants understanding of M&E with the view to improving implementation, decision-making, and management capacities through learning and action.
2. About Trainer
Mr. Agaba Broad has a Masters’ Degree in Science of Monitoring and Evaluation. He is an experienced trainer in Impact Assessments and Monitoring and Evaluation from the US based organization with national office in Rwanda, Edify. Mr Agaba is highly experienced in preparing and delivering practical training in planning, impact assessments, business development, monitoring and evaluation, public administration, etc. He has a valuable and adequate factor in ensuring the work demands and expertise requirements in a highly computerized and multicultural organization are met. Agaba’s methodologies are centered to provide to trainees hands-on skills on how to plan, implement and evaluate a project/program towards successfulness.
3. Course Objectives
- To enhance participants understanding of M&E theory, concepts, methods and tools
- To enable participants develop knowledge and skills to monitor and evaluate programs/projects.
- To train participants on how to use outputs and outcomes (aggregate results) from MIS database in making better management decisions.
4. Expected Outcome
- Improved understanding of M&E theory, concepts, methods and tools among participants
- Increased knowledge and skills of participants to monitor and evaluate projects/programs
- Increased motivation of program/project Managers to use outputs and outcomes (aggregate reports) from MIS database in making better management decisions
Key training methods to be used in this workshop will include lectures, group discussion and presentations, hands-on exercises and case studies.
6. Course Content
- Introduction to Results-Based Monitoring and Evaluation
- Program Theory of Change and Impact Pathways
- Using a Results Framework Model to Describe Your Program/Project
- Constructing indicators and formulating M&E questions
- Developing and implementing M&E plans
- Data collection and constructing data collection instruments (quantitative and qualitative)
- Deciding on the sampling strategy
- Designing and implementing Ex-ante and Ex-post Impact Evaluation
- Writing and presenting M&E Reports
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who successfully attended the course
8. Application process:
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details:
- Bank Account: 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali – BK)
- Title of the Account: Economic Policy Research Network
And scan the bank slip and send it to: and copy to: OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office at UR-CBE Gikondo by not later than 17/10/2018, 5pm.
Payments may also be made through MTN Mobile Money. Send to this number and call her to indicate your name: Mrs Helene Kabarere (0783131920)
NB: Applicants are required to bring their laptops.